Saturday, April 9, 2011

Playing for God and the Devil

It’s been a whirlwind two days, April 7-8. One of the biggest pitfalls of being a musician is the travel to where you’re playing and barely getting sleep on the way there. I’ve been lucky to get some naps, and that kept me from keeling over while playing. The funny thing about the last two days is that one day I’m playing for a praise and worship at a youth convention, then I’m playing a metal gig with really heavy bands(sound-wise and physically) the next. Here’s a rundown on how it went the last two days:

April 7/ April 8

left Manila at 6:30am/ supposed to leave Manila 2:30pm, delayed at 3:30pm

got there by plane/ rode a van

total of 2 hrs. traveling time/ 6 hrs. total

stayed in a bunk house/ rested in a hotel room

Camsur Watersports Complex, Naga/ Brad’s Bar, Olongapo City

Catholic Youth 26th National Convention/ Colt 45 “Shred to Slam” tour

surrounded by the spiritually enlightened/ surrounded by smokers and drunkards

girls wore modest clothes/ what clothes?

person with closed eyes signifies praying/ if someone’s eyes are closed, they’ve passed out

Sure, I got home drained and sickly and unable to sustain an erection, but I’m not complaining. It’s the music that brought me to the irony between these two gigs and showed me their staggering contrast. That’s all I really care about.

No comments: