Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Death Wish 13



Remember the time when you hated someone so much you wished them dead? Personally, there are times when I wished I had a sniper rifle so I could blow people’s heads off one by one. You don’t have to tell me how horribly morbid these thoughts are, I’m pretty sure you have them too, in one way or another (You do, don’t you?). Admit it. You think that lazy good for nothing, drug-addled neighbor of yours is a waste of life. Don’t worry, it’s a common human thought which crosses our minds from time to time. The challenge lies in keeping one’s self from acting out on these impulses.

Ever since grade school, I fancied myself to be Gandalf. There is a quote from The Fellowship of the Ring that best sums up why I manage to NOT purchase that sniper rifle.

Frodo: It’s a pity Bilbo didn’t kill him(Gollum) when he had the chance.

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo’s hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned after 30-odd years of being on this earth, it’s that every life is precious and precocious at the same time, myself included. We are flawed beings, after all. Who am I to say that I deserve to live more than others? Who am I to challenge God on the ways of the world? It would be plain arrogance and ignorance for us to assume that we know better, that if we could have our way, the world would be a better place. Every life exists for a reason. Everyone has a role to play. And in the end, only God has the right to mete out what is due.

That said, here’s a list of people i wanna see dead: 

  • people who smoke in public vehicles 
  • arrogant people 
  • female drivers 
  • bus drivers 
  • VJs 
  • pathological liars 
  • rich people 
  • poor people 
  • lazy people 
  • actors turned politicos 
  • over actors 
  • kris aquino 
  • ruffa guttierrez and family 
  • erap estrada and family 
  • dead people, just so they remain dead

No comments: